A joint season of Shakespeare plays presented at Marloo Theatre. William Shakespeare is almost without debate the greatest playwright in the English language. He was born in April, 1564, which makes April 2014 the 450th anniversary of his birth.
Three theatre groups – Darlington Theatre Players, Garrick Theatre and the Kalamunda Dramatic Society have combined to produce a repertory-style festival of three of Shakespeare’s most important plays: Macbeth, A Midsummer Night's Dream and Othello. Each play will have an evening performance as well as weekend matinees.
The festival will end on the April 26, Shakespeare's baptismal day. His birthday is believed to be the April 23, coincidentally the day on which he died in 1616.
The clubs have invited experienced and award-winning directors Lucy Eyre, Peter Clark (Aida, Jesus Christ Superstar) and Douglas Sutherland-Bruce (Romeo and Juliet, My Fair Lady) to direct the productions.
Written by William Shakespeare
Directed by Peter Clark (A Midsummer Night's Dream), Douglas Sutherland-Bruce (Macbeth) & Lucy Eyre (Othello)
Produced by Garrick Theatre, Darlington Theatre Players and the Kalamunda Dramatic Society.
- WHEN: A Midsummer Night's Dream – April 17, 19, 23 & 25 at 8pm, Macbeth – April 16, 22 & 26 at 8pm and April 19 at 2pm and Othello – April 15, 18 & 24 at 8pm and April 20 & 26 at 2pm
- WHERE: Marloo Theatre, Marloo Road (off Innamincka Road), Greenmount.
- COST: Adult $23, Concession & Children (15 & under) $21.
- BOOKINGS: Through Try Booking
- FURTHER INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org