The Beast and The Beauty 3/07/12 to 14/07/12
David Stevens, best known for The Sum of Us, A Town Like Alice and Breaker Morant, chose to bring his latest play to life right here in WA.
Described as a love story re-invented, The Beast and The Beauty re-works the classic tale of magic and enchantment and sets it in the Australian outback of the late 1880s. The so-called beast is an ordinary man, horribly disfigured in a bushfire as a baby.
Director Mark DeFriest has brought the show to life, a veteran of more than 800 hours of television drama in the US and Australia. His credits include Cop Shop, The Sullivans, Prisoner, The Flying Doctors, Chances, Ocean Girl, Ship To Shore, Streetsmartz and the Doctor Who spin-off K-9, among many others.
- WHEN: 8pm, July 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
- WHERE: The Old Mill Theatre, Mends Street, South Perth, opposite the Windsor Hotel and Australia Post.
- COST: Tickets are $25, $20 concession
- BOOKINGS: Book on 9367 8719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call 9367 8719 or email email@example.com
- Wheelchair Access (venue)
- Wheelchair Access (restrooms)
- Companion Card Affiliate (recognition that a person with a significant permanent disability requires a companion ticket free of charge)