KickstART FESTIVAL DAY
Mark Saturday 8 April 2017 on your calendars now: KickstART Festival Day is the pinnacle of the KickstART calendar!
Enjoy the energy and excitement as you explore over sixty stalls showcasing emerging artists, designers, community groups, arts organisations, youth service providers and delicious food trucks at the KickstART Markets. Plus there will be plenty of other free activities to discover throughout the day.
WHEN: Saturday 8 April, 10.00am – 6.00pm
WHERE: Perth Cultural Centre
KICKSTART FESTIVAL DAY OVERVIEW
Find beautiful handmade and original wares, including jewellery, fashion, homewares, stationery, artworks and more! You’ll also have access to information, advice and giveaways from youth service providers and community groups. Market stalls line the Perth Cultural Centre in a celebration of the artistic and organic nature of Perth’s youth-run local businesses.
Please note: Market stallholders will not have Credit Card / EFTPOS facilities so it is advised that you either bring cash or visit one of the several ATMs in the event vicinity to make sure you don’t miss out on your favourite items. Not sure where the ATMs are located? Ask one of our friendly volunteers!
KickstART Festival Day: Music
Support young Western Australian artists and immerse yourself special performances from: Feels, Ru, The Burundi Band and Peace Choir, Tim Newhouse, the West Australian Youth Jazz Orchestra, and a showcase lineup of independent bands from this year’s HyperFest!
WETLAND STAGE LINEUP:
- 9.50 - 10.00am | Welcome to Country
- 10.00 - 10.30am | KickstART Festival Day address
- 10.45 - 11.15am | Lumaree
- 11.30am - 12.00pm | The Limbs
- 1.00 - 1.30pm | Tanaya Harper (Bells Rapids)
- 1.45 - 2.15pm | The Burundi Band and Peace Choir
- 2.30 - 3.15pm | West Australian Youth Jazz Orchestra
- 3.45 - 4.45pm | Feels
- 5.00 - 6.00pm | Ru
Tim NEwhouse - Rushed Metropolis:
12.00 - 1.00pm | Courtyard, State Theatre Centre of Western Australia
KickstART Festival Day: Workshops
Sample a special selection of the 30+ free KickstART Workshops on offer during KickstART Festival Day. Skill up in yoga, performance improvisation, junk puppet making and block printing!
- Yoga Alchemy Eco-Futures | 9.00 – 10.00am | Urban Orchard, Perth Cultural Centre
- Acting Accessibly | 10.00am – 1.00pm | Imagination Room, Art Gallery of Western Australia
- Junk Puppets | 11.00am – 12.30pm | Studio Underground Foyer, State Theatre Centre of WA
- Block Printing Totes | 11.00am – 3.00pm | James Street Amphitheatre, Perth Cultural Centre
- Identity Museum: Textile Anatomy Crochet | 2.00 – 5.00pm | Spectrum Project Space
- BIO + STEAM = Generous Listening | 2.30 – 4.30pm | Scitech CSIRO Lab
- Junk Puppets | 3.00 – 4.30pm | Studio Underground Foyer, State Theatre Centre of WA
KickstART Festival Day: Special Events
Beyond all the market stalls, live music performances and creative workshops, KickstART Festival Day also hosts a range of special events throughout the day. Some of these events are one-offs, while others are part of larger programs, and all of these free events deserve your full attention!
- Glasshouse @ BiblioTECH Open Day | 9.00am – 5.00pm | Level 2, State Library of Western Australia
- Swamp Clubb | 9.00 – 11.00am | Meet at the Urban Orchard, Perth Cultural Centre
- The Eco-Futures Photomedia Project | 10.00am – 5.00pm | Perth Cultural Centre
- Magnolia’s KickstART Radio Show | 10.00am – 4.00pm | Level 1, State Library of Western Australia
- The Palladian Skirt | 9.00am – 6.00pm | Perth Cultural Centre
- WA Performance School Showcase | 10.30 – 11.00am | Urban Orchard, Perth Cultural Centre
- PICA Art Tour: Collisions and Forgiving Night for a Day | 11.30am – 3.00pm | Reading Room, PICA
- WA Focus – Nathan Beard | 3.00 – 4.00pm | WA Focus Gallery, Art Gallery of Western Australia
- Refugium (WA) - Tanja Beer | 3.30 – 4.30pm | Outside the Bookmark Café, State Library of Western Australia
- For Dear LYF – Launch of the Literary Youth Festival | 4.00 – 5.00pm | Courtyard, State Theatre Centre of WA
KICKSTART FESTIVAL DAY CALENDAR
Propel Youth Arts WA presents the 2017 KickstART Festival as part of National Youth Week WA 2017, in partnership with the Department of Local Government and Communities. All enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9328 5855.