WE WANT YOU!
Propel Youth Arts WA is looking for enthusiastic volunteers aged 14-24 to come on board and assist with the planning and decision making for the 2017 KickstART Festival, in celebration of National Youth Week WA.
If you are interested in event management, the arts, youth issues or are looking to lend a hand in coordinating a fantastic community event then we would love to hear from you!
National Youth Week 2017 will run from 31 March to 9 April and it is the single largest celebration of young people on the Australian youth calendar.
This is your chance to learn what it takes to build and manage a youth arts event and we want you to help design the KickstART Festival as you want to see it. You will gain hands-on experience in a supportive environment where you can help promote young people’s ideas and experiences to the broader community.
Presented by Propel Youth Arts WA in partnership with the Department of Local Government and Communities, the KickstART Festival is a burgeoning annual celebration of young people that delivers free arts workshops, discussion forums, markets, performances, live music, special events and activities, throughout the Perth Cultural Centre each April.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
As a member of the NYW Planning Committee you may be responsible for:
- Brainstorming a theme for the KickstART Festival
- Recommending and helping to coordinate arts workshops, forums, exhibitions and other events to be included as a part of KickstART
- Recommending and helping to coordinate entertainment and performances to be included at the KickstART Festival
- Assisting in the grassroots promotion of KickstART
- Selecting and coordinating merchandise for the KickstART Festival
- Assisting the on-the-ground running of KickstART events and activities
- Helping out with other festival related tasks where required
Members can choose their level of involvement but must be able to commit to the project from late October 2016 until April 2017.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
To be considered for the NYW Planning Committee you must:
- Be aged 14-24 years
- Be available to attend regular committee meetings
- The first meeting is on Monday 17 October in Northbridge (put it in your diary now!)
- Then we’ll meet once a month until the New Year- then its at least twice a month in the lead up to the KickstART Festival
- If you are regionally based, you can participate in meetings via Skype or phone
- Be available to attend some KickstART events during April 2017
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW!
Applications are due by 5pm on Wednesday 12 October 2016.
Successful applicants will be notified and a committee announced by Friday 14 October 2016.