If you’re looking to show off your artistic talents, we’ve found some great performance spaces around Perth available to hire for young artists!
If you’re in a pickle, here’s a little hint: anywhere can be a performance space. An empty warehouse, a park, a local community hall or sports club or an unused office, just keep thinking outside the box!
Music and Concert
- The Bakery has reopened after a year of renovation. The Bakery welcomes live music, visual and performing arts, and are on the hunt for fresh talent!
- bamBOO Venue Grants offer six projects free venue and in kind support estimated at $6000 value, each year. The bamBOO venue is a licensed venue so only those over 18 should apply.
- Fremantle Arts Centre also welcomes visual art installations and exhibitions
- Northbridge Piazza is also available for cultural performances in a number of art forms.
- YMCA HQ has both gig and gallery space for hire for young artists.
- AEG Ogdens run the main performance venues in Perth including Perth Concert Hall, His Majesty’s Theatre, The Playhouse Theatre and the State Theatre Centre
- CIA Studios specialises in exhibitions and performances of interdisciplinary arts.
- PICA hosts both contemporary performance art and visual art installations.
- If you are interested in putting on a play, there are a number of amateur theatre companies in Perth who have resident theatres which are often available for hire. You can find extensive information about these companies on the ITA Website
- Spectrum Project Space is also available for performances, music, and presentation events.