Join the 2019 Youth Week WA Youth Planning Committee
Held as part of Youth Week WA, the KickstART Festival is the largest celebration of young people on the Western Australian youth calendar and each year we assemble a group of young people aged 14 -25 to be the youth voice of the Festival.
As members of the 2019 KickstART Planning Committee you will play a key role in the planning and decision-making for the design and programming of the Festival.
This is your chance to learn what it takes to build and manage a youth arts event, we want you to help design the festival that you want to see. It’s a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a friendly environment where you can help promote young people’s ideas and experiences to the broader community.
Presented by Propel Youth Arts WA in partnership with the Department of Communities, WA Youth Week is a developing annual celebration of young people that delivers free arts workshops, discussion forums, markets, performances, live music, special events and activities, throughout the Perth Cultural Centre each April.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
As a member of the Planning Committee you will be responsible for:
- Brainstorming a theme for Youth Week WA (YWWA)
- Recommending and helping to coordinate arts workshops, forums, exhibitions, Market Day and other events to be included as a part of YWWA
- Recommending and helping to coordinate entertainment and performances to be included on Market Day
- Assisting in the grassroots promotion of YWWA
- Assisting with the on-the-ground running of YWWA events and activities as volunteers
- Helping out with other festival related tasks where required
- Opportunity for members to become interns for Propel Youth Arts WA
Members can choose their level of involvement but must be able to commit to the project from late September 2018 until April 2019.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- To be considered for the YWWA Planning Committee you must:
- Be aged 14-25 years
- Be available to attend regular committee meetings (If you are regionally based, you can participate via Skype or phone)
- Be available to attend some KickstART events during April
- Be passionate about providing opportunities for young people, and be interested or involved in the arts.
Must be available for the first meeting and majority of following dates below. All meetings will be held in the State Library of WA.
- 3 October Wednesday, 10am – 4pm | Committee Meeting #1
- 7 November Wednesday, 5.30pm | Committee Meeting #2
- 5 December Wednesday, 5.30pm | Committee Meeting #3
- 9 January Wednesday, 5.30pm | Committee Meeting #4
Following Meetings TBC
Applications close 5.00pm on Wednesday 12 September 2018.
Successful applicants will be notified and a committee announced by Friday 14 September.
Still have questions? Feel free to call Propel Youth Arts WA on 08 9328 5855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Propel Youth Arts WA is an equal opportunity provider who welcomes and encourages all young individuals of any sex, race, disability, religion or sexual orientation to apply.