JOIN THE 2016 NATIONAL YOUTH WEEK PLANNING COMMITTEE!
We need YOU! Enthusiastic volunteers aged 15-25 are being called to action.
As members of the 2016 National Youth Week Planning Committee you will assist in planning and decision-making for your festival – the 2016 KickstART Festival.
National Youth Week 2016 will run from 8 to 17 April and is the largest celebration of young people on the Australian youth calendar.
This is your chance to learn what it takes to build and manage a large-scale community event, we want you to help design the festival that you want to see. It’s a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a friendly environment where you can help promote young people’s ideas and experiences to the rest of Western Australia.
Presented by Propel Youth Arts WA in partnership with the Department of Local Government and Communities, the KickstART Festival is a burgeoning annual celebration of young people that delivers free arts workshops, discussion forums, markets, performances, live music, special events and activities, throughout the Perth Cultural Centre each April.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
As a member of the NYW Planning Committee you may be responsible for:
- Brainstorming a theme for the KickstART Festival
- Recommending and helping to coordinate arts workshops, forums, exhibitions and other events to be included as a part of KickstART
- Recommending and helping to coordinate entertainment and performances to be included at the KickstART Festival
- Assisting in the grassroots promotion of KickstART
- Selecting and coordinating merchandise for the KickstART Festival
- Assisting the on-the-ground running of KickstART events and activities
- Helping out with other festival related tasks where required
Members can choose their level of involvement but must be able to commit to the project from late September 2015 until April 2016.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
To be considered for the NYW Planning Committee you must:
- Be aged 15-25 years
- Be available to attend regular committee meetings
- The first meeting is on Monday 14 September in Northbridge (put it in your diary now!)
- Then we’ll meet once a month until the New Year- then its at least twice a month in the lead up to the KickstART Festival
- If you are regionally based, you can participate via Skype or phone
- Be available to attend some KickstART events during April 2016
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST!
Click here to register your interest.
Applications are due by 5pm on Wednesday 9 September 2015.
Successful applicants will be notified and a committee announced by Friday 11 September.
FIND OUT MORE
Still got questions? Feel free to call Propel Youth Arts WA on 08 9328 5855 or email email@example.com