What is it?
A cohort of up to 5 emerging artists and 1 young curator will be selected to collaborate with a member of the AGWA Curatorial Team and staff from Propel Youth Arts WA, to create a new exhibition that responds to identified themes from the upcoming exhibition A Window On Italy: The Corsini Collection - Masterpieces from Florence, which will be arriving at AGWA in February 2018.
The mentorship program will culminate in an exhibition, which will be held at AGWA during the Youth Week WA - KickstART Festival in April 2018. Artists will each create one new work and utilise an older work, to form the exhibition content.
This opportunity is proudly presented by Propel Youth Arts WA and the Art Gallery of WA. The Youth Week WA - KickstART Festival 2018 is supported by the State Government of Western Australia.
Who should apply?
Propel Youth Arts WA and the Art Gallery of WA are looking for talented emerging young artists aged between 12 and 26, who have developed their craft and are looking for an opportunity to participate in a curated exhibition with professional support to:
• help understand the logistics of putting an exhibition together
• gain experience in working with a curator
• work with artists in a group environment
• learn technical skills required for exhibition installation.
If you have an interest in collaborative and responsive arts then we want to hear from you.
Is there a cost?
Participating in the KickstART x AGWA Mentorship Program is free, however selected artists will be required to supply their own materials for creating their works to display in the exhibition.
• Wednesday 17 January: Closing date for Expressions of Interest
• Monday 22 January: Successful artists / mentees notified
• Monday 29 January: Initial meetings with AGWA Curatorial Staff
• Saturday 24 February: First viewing of Corsini Exhibition at AGWA
• Tuesday 27 March: Final artwork submission deadline
• Friday 13 April: Exhibition opening during Youth Week WA at AGWA
How do I apply?
If you have any questions about this opportunity or the application process, please contact Zal Kanga-Parabia, Creative Coordinator for Youth Week WA - KickstART Festival 2018, by phoning 08 9328 5855 or emailing email@example.com.