The Perth Jazz Society is the oldest modern jazz society in Australia, providing a place for musicians and audience members to come together to create a performance culture around jazz music. We are aiming to expand our presence in the Perth music scene, and provide more performance opportunities to local and international jazz artists.
The PJS has a small number of voluntary Committee Members who oversee the general running of the organisation. We’re looking for more motivated and enthusiastic volunteers to assist with marketing and events co-ordination. We would like to create a marketing/administration sub-committee to support the PJS Committee.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Skills or experience in this area i.e. formal tertiary qualifications, work experience or employment history.
- Interest and knowledge in the local music scene
- Availability to attend meetings on a regular basis
- Ability to commit to 1-3 month time frame
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a small team
As a member of the PJS Sub-Committee you may be responsible for:
- Assisting with promotion and media coverage
- Constructing a marketing timeline and implementing strategies
- Assisting with weekly and monthly events
- Recommending or creating contacts and networks within the music community
- Creating new or strengthening existing partnerships with associated organisations
Applicants should email their CV and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com.
Any queries should be directed to PJS Admin Chrissy Savage on 0421 783 964 during office hours. Visit the Perth Jazz Society website for more information.