CAN WA’s Community Engagement and Cultural Planning course is the only of its kind in Australia. The course provides skills development in creative community engagement and cultural planning with a focus on the local government sector.
Community Arts Network Western Australia has packaged two nationally recognised units of competency from the Local Government Training Package specifically for cultural development officers and arts workers.
The five day program runs from October 13 - 17 and includes many different areas:
- Working in partnership with Aboriginal communities
- Cultural mapping
- Using the arts for creative community engagement
- Community cultural development
- Cultural planning theory
- Cultural planning process in LG
- Using community engagement outcomes to inform cultural planning
- Cultural planning in action – implementing promoting and communicating
- Evaluating and monitoring a cultural plan
For more information contact Amanda Clarke, CAN WA Training and Skills Development Officer on (08) 6144 5610 or via email at email@example.com.