DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY 4 FEBRUARY, SO GET IN QUICK WITH YOUR EOIs TO HELLO@PROPEL.ORG.AU!
Propel Youth Arts WA is offering two young creatives an unpaid mentorship to work with multidisciplinary artists Calvin Chee and Matt McVeigh, to conceive, create and install a large ephemeral and interactive public art installation for the 2015 KickstART Festival, during National Youth Week.
This is an invaluable opportunity for those interested in public art to build their creative networks, bridge the gap between their study and work, and gain hands-on experience whilst working with industry established artists.
With over 20 years of experience between them, Calvin and Matt have been creating art together for the past 6 years throughout Western Australia. With experience in public art, community art, set and costume design, puppetry, sculpture, and kinetic art; many of their artistic collaborations have incorporated an element of reusing or recycling.
- Aged between 18 – 26
- Hold a current (“C” Class) driver’s license
- Current Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
- The mentorship runs from 2 February – 17 April 2015.
- The final product will be installed and exhibited within the Perth Cultural Centre during the KickstART Market Day, on 11 April 2015. The successful applicant must be available on this day.
- Weekly hours are negotiable, however you will be required for a minimum of 5 hours per week, increasing to approximately 30 hours per week closer to the KickstART Market Day.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Email your application to email@example.com by 5pm, 4 February 2015.
Your application must include:
- A one-page cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for this opportunity, how this will help your artistic career, and describing your own artistic style
- A current CV outlining your skills and experience
- 3 – 5 images / examples of your work
- The subject line of the email must be: KickstART Sculpture Mentorship Application
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
Successful applicants will be contacted by phone on Friday 6 February 2015. Unsuccessful applicants will be emailed.
Please contact Jysae Hair, Project Officer (National Youth Week), on 08 9328 5855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.