As members of the 2018 WA Youth Week Planning Committee you will assist in planning and decision-making for WA Youth Week including KickstART Market Day.
WA Youth Week 2018 will run for 10 days from 13 -22 April and is the largest celebration of young people on the Western Australian youth calendar.
This is your chance to learn what it takes to build and manage a youth arts event, we want you to help design the festival that you want to see. It’s a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a friendly environment where you can help promote young people’s ideas and experiences to the broader community.
Presented by Propel Youth Arts WA in partnership with the Department of Communities, WA Youth Week is a developing annual celebration of young people that delivers free arts workshops, discussion forums, markets, performances, live music, special events and activities, throughout the Perth Cultural Centre each April.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
As a member of the Planning Committee you will be responsible for:
- Brainstorming a theme for WA Youth Week
- Recommending and helping to coordinate arts workshops, forums, exhibitions, KickstART Market Da,y and other events to be included as a part of WAYW
- Recommending and helping to coordinate entertainment and performances to be included on KickstART Market Day
- Assisting in the grassroots promotion of WAYW
- Assisting with the on-the-ground running of WAYW events and activities as volunteers
- Helping out with other festival related tasks where required
- Opportunity for members to become interns for Propel Youth Arts WA
Members can choose their level of involvement but must be able to commit to the project from late September 2017 until April 2018.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
To be considered for the WAYW Planning Committee you must:
- Be aged 14-24 years
- Be available to attend regular committee meetings- If you are regionally based, you can participate via Skype or phone
- Be available to attend some WA Youth Week events during April
- Be passionate about providing opportunities for young people, and be interested or involved in the arts.
Must be available for the first meeting and majority of following dates below. All meetings will be held in Northbridge.
- Committee Meeting 1. | Sep 27th Wednesday, 10am – 4pm
- Committee Meeting 2. | Oct 25th Wednesday, 5.30pm
- Committee Meeting 3. | Nov 22nd Wednesday, 5.30pm
- Committee Meeting 4. | Dec 13th Wednesday, 5.30pm
- Committee Meeting 5. | Jan 10th Wednesday, 5.30pm
Following Meetings TBC
Click on the link above to register your interest. Applications are due before 9am, Monday 18th September.
Successful applicants will be notified and a committee announced by Wednesday 20 September.
The first meeting will be a one off intensive team building and workshop session, held the following week on Wednesday 27 September.
FIND OUT MORE
Still got questions? Feel free to call Propel Youth Arts WA on 08 9328 5855 or email email@example.com.
Propel Youth Arts WA is an equal opportunity provider who welcomes and encourages all young individuals of any sex, race, disability, religion or sexual orientation to apply.