Looking for work experience in your creative field?
You can make new contacts, work with people in the industry and learn more about arts management by challenging yourself to build your own project from the ground up!
Aged 12-26? Apply for a Drug Aware YCulture Metro Grant, secure up to $3000 and make your project idea a reality.
SUBMIT YOUR EOI FOR THE 2018 FUNDING ROUND NOW!
Drug Aware YCulture Metro is a project funding and skills development initiative providing arts grants of up to $3000 for people aged between 12 and 26.
This funding is for early career artists who would like to plan and coordinate their own projects or initiatives across any artistic medium. All Drug Aware YCulture Metro projects must show evidence of skill development for the young participants involved and must include formal mentorship from a skilled representative in the chosen field.
All project ideas must come from young people and the written application must be filled out by the young project organisers.
Funded activities could include but are not limited to;
- Gigs/live music events
- Arts workshops
- Professional development forums
- Development and publishing of magazines, zines, graphic novels or comics
As an entry level grants program for young and emerging artists, Propel Youth Arts WA supports applicants through the application process, providing advice and feedback throughout the process.
- There must be at least two project organisers
- Applicants must be aged 12 -26 years
- You must allow at least 8 weeks between the date you get your application in, and the start date of your project timeline. This should commence before your actual project/ event launch, to allow for marketing and promotional activities (recommended 2 weeks minimum prior to the launch).
- Your project must involve an experienced mentor to ensure you maximise your skill development
- Drug Aware YCulture Metro funds can cover fees of your experienced artist, materials, promotional costs, documentation of your event/project, venue and equipment hire
- The project applicants need to come up with the project idea. We want to be sure that this is your idea and it’s something you want to do. Please do not allow anyone to fill in the application on your behalf
- All events and activities must be smoke, drug and alcohol free. This means that you are unable to use licensed venues as venues
- Drug Aware YCulture Metro will not fund projects that have already occurred
- Your project must be occurring in the Perth metro area. There is a separate funding pool for projects happening regionally. This funding is called Drug Aware YCulture Regional and is run by Country Arts WA.
Past Funded projects
Click on the years below to view some of the awesome projects that successfully received Drug Aware YCulture Funding!
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE PAGES
HOW TO APPLY FOR FUNDING
Applying for funding through the Drug Aware YCulture Metro program is a three-step process. Before you begin your project it's extremely important that you read through the below information sheet, fill in the expression of interest form, and then our Project Development Officer Cecile will help guide you through the application form. If you have any questions in advance feel free to email Cecile Vuaillat at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Propel office on 08 9328 5855.
Please ensure you have contacted the Propel team for approval prior to printing or distributing your any promotional material featuring the following sponsor logos. Failure to do so will result in breach of you contract and may result in forfeiting your funding.
To save the file to your computer right click and 'save as / save link as'.
- Drug Aware YCulture Metro Logo web (.png)
- Drug Aware YCulture Metro Logo print (.eps)
- Drug Aware YCulture Metro Logo (.jpeg)
- Drug Aware Logo (.eps)
- Drug Aware Logo (.jpeg)
- Healthway Logo (.eps)
- Healthway Logo (.jpeg)
- Propel Youth Arts WA Logo (.eps)
- Propel Youth Arts WA Logo (.jpeg)