You’ve developed your idea, done your research and now you need some funding to kick off your creative project. Well, look no further! We've rounded up funding opportunities across a range of art forms and categories.
Propel Youth Arts WA
Drug Aware YCulture Metro
Drug Aware YCulture Metro is a project funding and skills development initiative. This funding is for early career artists who would like to plan and coordinate their own projects or initiatives across any artistic medium.
- Funding of up to $3000
- Open to young people 12-26
- Applications open year round, at least eight weeks before the program/event starts
Country Arts WA
Drug Aware YCulture Regional
Supports young people living in regional WA making their own youth arts and culture programs happen with a focuses on youth skills development.
- Applications are open year round, a minimum of six weeks before the program/event starts
- Funding up to $4000, or $6000 for applicants above the 26th parallel.
Department of Local Government, Sport & Cultural Industries
Below are the links to the grants programs currently offered by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (Culture and the Arts WA). Young people can apply through one of the programs listed below.
Each program has two categories:
- 15k-Plus category for requests over $15,000 has one closing date per year; and
- U-15k category for requests of up to $15,000 is open for applications at any time and has a 25 business day turnaround.
The Creative Development Program supports a range of projects and activities intended to advance the creative, professional and skills development goals of emerging and established artists, creative industry professionals, arts workers, cultural workers, groups, businesses and organisations.
Community Arts Network WA
Catalyst Community Arts Fund
- Supports projects that facilitate and support Western Australian community-determined arts and culture activities that express local culture an identity and promotes the values of community empowerment, social inclusion, respect for diversity and self-determination.
- This fund focuses on the community learning new skills, experiencing and participating in the arts.
Australia Council for the Arts
The Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government’s arts funding and advisory body and it offers a wide range of grants which support a diverse range of artists, artistic practice, organisations and arts activity. To view all the grants offered, visit Australia Council for the Arts Grants.
City of Perth
Arts Grants & Sponsorship Program
The City of Perth’s Arts Grants & Sponsorship Program supports innovative arts and cultural activities to excite and engage city visitors throughout the year.
- Arts and cultural organisations, community groups and individuals are invited to propose innovative, city-based projects
- Grants are divided into two categories; Creative Community Projects which enhance the social well-being and encourage participation in cultural life; and Arts Projects, which encourage artists to publicly share, explore and strengthen their practice.
AiR Grants Program
The AiR Grants Program provides project funding to support artist-in-residence activity in Western Australian public schools and universities. There are two funding categories; Stream 1 and the Air Commission.
General funding resources
Grants Finder is an online grant search site that identifies suitable and relevant Australian government grants for community projects, against various search criteria. Find out more.
GrantReady is a free, searchable online listing of grants and funding programs for community and not for profit organisations and local councils. Find out more.
The Grants Directory is a compilation of grants available to regional and metropolitan Western Australian communities and local governments. The Directory contains programs provided by the Western Australian Government and selected Commonwealth Government agencies as well as private sector organisations. Find out more.
Our Community lists funding opportunities and provides regular updates with its Easy Grants Newsletter. Find out more.