Propel Youth Arts WA is seeking applications from young and emerging artists (aged 12 - 26) who want to gain valuable performance opportunities in public spaces within the City of Perth.
Due to the nature of busking, we anticipate that most artists will have a performance background but we will consider artists and groups from all disciplines (including visual arts) subject to space availability.
Successful applicants will be offered:
- 1 to 2 performance slots during the trial between mid July and late August
- Performance slots will be up to 1 hour each, including setup and pack down
- One 12-month busking permit per artist or group
- Opportunities for professional photography and videography, courtesy of Propel, during their performances as part of the trial program
- A base fee per performance plus the opportunities to collect gratuities and money from the public as part of their performances
Please note that artists under the age of 14 years must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times and are not permitted to perform during school hours or on school days, or between 7.00pm and 6.00am on any day.
Please complete this form before 5.00pm on Friday 20 July 2018 if you are interested in this opportunity. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by a Propel Youth Arts WA staff member to discuss your involvement.
If you have any queries about the application process please email our Project Development Officer Cecile Vuaillat at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Propel office on 08 9328 5855.